Specialised Doñana Tour
On the Specialised Doñana Tour you’ll enjoy a tailor-made experience in the National Park. Bird-watching, literature, botany, photography… Enjoy what you love the most in a unique place.
El Acebuche Visitors’ Centre
Doñana National Park
Check excluded days
Check: (+34) 959 430 432
Summer: 8.30 am / 5 pm (from 01/5 to 14/9 inclusive)
Winter: 8.30 am / 3 pm (from 15/9 to 30/4 inclusive)
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
At Doñana Visitas we can customise your tour according to your interest. That means we organise specialised tours that focus on bird-watching, painting and drawing, literature, botany, photography, the coast and history. These tours use vehicles that can seat from 6 to 30 people and they have flexible timetables and prices, depending on the vehicle type and tour duration.
Send us an email to enquire about all the options: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doñana Visitas is the only company that is authorised to visit all the ecosystems in Doñana National Park, including the beaches and dunes. If you’d like to head deep into this paradise and discover first-hand one of the most remarkable natural areas in Spain and the world with detailed information and fascinating facts about its flora and fauna, this guided tour of Doñana is the perfect option for you.
During your visit you’ll explore Doñana and reach the Guadalquivir estuary, crossing all the different types of ecosystem that form this unique nature reserve with the chance to admire their great variety, diverse ecology, strongly contrasting landscapes, and flora and fauna.
CONSEJOS Y SUGERENCIAS
- Due to the uneven terrain that the vehicles drive across, this tour is not recommended for anyone who is pregnant or has a neck or back injury.
- Although it depends on the season, you are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, use insect repellent and bring something to drink.
- The basic tour lasts approximately 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Our vehicles do not have child safety seats.
TYPES OF SPECIALISED TOURS
- Doñana, a bird-watching paradise (bird-watching): on this tour you’ll be joined by a guide who spe-cialises in bird-watching and will make various stops in the park at different times and locations depending on the probability of spotting different bird species (imperial eagle, waterbirds, waders, etc.) Nesting periods, wintering and even the ethology of certain species may also affect the time-table and places where this activity takes place.
- Landmarks in Doñana and their graphic representation (photography): Doñana is famous for having countless scientific, ecological, landscape and cultural features that make fascinating photography studies, linking anthropic relationships and human exploitation with hugely significant natural landmarks.
- The art of seeing (painting and drawing): introduction to landscape and nature drawing. Under the assessment and guidance of specialised staff, you’ll make suitable stops so that you can develop both your technique and have a choice of subjects on a tour based on the diversity of resources and the remarkable natural environment.
- Doñana, legacy of cultures (history): informative journey based on an awareness of the cultures, civilizations and uses of this zone with a special emphasis on the infrastructures and sites that bear witness to the evolution of this land and its cultural legacy.
Our tour departs from El Acebuche Visitors’ Centre and explores all the ecosystems in Doñana: dunes, beach, marshland, forest and vera. Tours run by other companies take visitors to the forest, marshland or scrubland, but they cannot take you to see Doñana’s beaches and dunes.
Our vehicles are perfectly adapted for the terrain. Most are 21-seaters but we also have vehicles for 6 and 30 people. The vehicles are closed and therefore they are unaffected by inclement weather. Tours can even be made if it’s raining.
El Acebuche Visitors’ Centre is one of the oldest visitors’ centres in Doñana and it’s also the largest. Its facilities include a restaurant/café, exhibitions, audiovisual displays, an information desk and shop. The Centre is located on the road between El Rocío and Matalascañas. (A-483 KM 37.5).
Neither time is better or worse for visiting the park. The route is the same and you have the same chance of spotting animals. The duration is also the same.
You almost always see animals but Doñana isn’t a zoo and we cannot guarantee the number of animals you might spot. The interest of the tour doesn’t lie in the number of animals you see and there are other factors that make it a fascinating experience, especially the landscape and the tour guide’s explanations.
Please check the duration in the information about each tour.
Once you get to El Acebuche Centre, park your car in the car park and enter the building that is about 100 m away. Go past the front desk and out into the patio. On the left-hand side of the patio you’ll find a door that leads to another desk where you should pay for your ticket. You will then be assigned to your tour vehicle. You should then return to the car park and get into your vehicle for the tour. We always recommend arriving at El Acebuche Centre half an hour before your tour de-parts.
You can pay in cash or by credit card at the ticket desk.
If you’ve booked online, you’ll be asked to pay at the time of booking.
Antes de reservar es necesario tener claro dónde se va a alojar. Dependiendo de dónde se aloje, le ofrecemos varias alternativas. Si usted está en la provincia de Cádiz, nuestra empresa le ofrece la posibilidad de realizar la visita en nuestros coches, llamando al 956 362 540 o bien un combinado de paseo en barco por el Río Guadalquivir y parte de la visita en nuestros vehículos, llamando al 956 363 813.
Yes, you can purchase food at our café or bring your own. There isn’t anywhere to buy food or drinks once the tour has begun. Bringing water is highly recommended.
No special clothes are required but the more comfortable the better and they should always be suitable for the weather. Bringing a cap or hat is recommended, especially on very hot days.
No. Our vehicles make two stops, one in the dunes and another in La Plancha village where you can get out and have a walk around, remaining close to the vehicles. There is no other walking involved.
There are toilets in El Acebuche Visitors’ Centre, the tour departure point, and in our restau-rant/café. Once you have begun the tour, there are only public toilets at La Plancha village.
Current legislation prohibits pets such as cats and dogs from entering the park and joining the tour.
The tour is available in Spanish and English. Other languages are available on request.